Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Cat's Meow

The past two weeks have gone by soooo fast that I am amazed. I spent time correcting final exams and essays from all of my students. I spent time shopping for the the family dinners during Christmas. But nothing really caught my attention (for this blog) until I went to purchase another bag of cat food from my veteraniarian. My cat, Taz, is on a special prescription diet so once a month I have to go and buy a bag of food. But what caught my eye and ear was the greeting I received when I called and when I showed up for the food. I have to say that this clinic has great customer service. Wendy always seems to know who I am...the owner of Taz...and always seems so happy to talk with me. And I'm just a once-in-a-while customer. But every month it's the same.

There are so many business experts that talk about great customer service...and yet there are so many businesses that seem to miss the point...or don't go far enough to talk about it. Some companies can't see the importance of hiring people with important "people skills" but rather focus on the bottomline results...sales. Where would you rather shop...a place where you feel welcomed, or a place that only recognizes that you have a creditcard.

So, here is my holiday shout-out to Wendy and all the Staff at Animal Medical Center in Menomonee Falls, WI. Taz and I are both very happy.

No comments: