Friday, September 15, 2006

All Great Ideas Start With A Cup Of Coffee

I just finished reviewing all of my blog feeds and discovered a list of ways to generate new ideas...with a twist. I read a recent posting from Scott Baradell on the Marketing Profs blog. He shared an experience where an ad agency sent him a coffee cup that listed 101 ways to come up with a great idea. The last idea was to contact the ad agency. And the rest...well humor is in full display here. Here are my favorite ideas from the list (with my commentary):

1. Call mom, she can fix anything.
Yes, call my mom and she will have more ideas for you than anyone else.

2. Call a psychic hotline, laugh at their predictions.
I and a group of friends once went to a tarot card reader in Houston Texas. She wasn't accurate in her predictions. Maybe the psychic hotline will work better.

3. Go for a walk in the rain.
I hiked in the rain during my 11 days in the mountains of New Mexico. I had time to think about many things...including how to stay warm and dry. But my preference is still to take a longer walk on a snowy evening. It's quiet, beautiful, and inspiring.

4. Take Spot for a walk.
No dogs here. And my cats don't like to walk. So, I'm thinking about getting some type of lizard to walk with me.

5. Find the solution in the clouds.
Imagination lives in those that find things in the puffy white clouds.

Have some fun and read the article...and then let me know what you really do to create new ideas.

Respectfuly....

...Michael

Michael T. Bauer, MSW is the President and Chief Creative Officer of Innovative Business Resources, LLC, a management consulting firm that focuses on helping organizations align their leadership and culture with their business strategy.

Michael is the publisher of the Creative Edge Newsletter.

No comments: