Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Humor in the Workplace

Humor!!! Does your business culture allow people to express some humor. Does your boss have a sense of humor? That was the question posted on the Fast Company Blog. I read through this brief entry and started to review my life. I know that during my years in management roles I didn't do everything correctly. I made mistakes, but also found successes. I also know that I tried to keep up a good sense of humor...only because I believe in it too. I can remember coming back from a week long vacation to find my office rearranged and changed. It seems that my entire staff decided it was time to share the humor with me. And they were creative...they even covered the picture of my wife (it was a wedding picture) with a new one...that of RuPaul...and carefully taped it into place. It really looked like I was holding RuPaul's hand and staring into her eyes. If you don't know who RuPaul is...do a google search and then you will also see the humor in it. It was extremely humorous - even to my wife. So, I think really creative organizations are lead by individuals that see humor as an important ingredient to maintaining a healthy culture at work. What do you think? I'd love to know your opinion?

The Fast Company reference is at
http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives/2005/11/08/does_your_boss_have_a_sense_of_humor.html

No comments: