Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thank You For Having Dinner

My wife and I were at one of our favorite Italian restaurants a few weeks ago. We love pasta, fine wine, romantic environments, and great service. We went to a restaurant that we've loved for years. Unfortunately, our waitress wasn't at her best and it may have cost the restaurant repeat business. That situation isn't too uncommon and it is tough for restaurants. Last week I learned about a very creative waiter and waitress. One of my business colleagues went to the restaurant, had a great meal, and was surprised when the waiter asked for his business card. Three days later he received a thank you card for having dinner at the restaurant. When's the last time you received a thank you card from your waiter. Never for me. Great idea...and people will remember him and come back again for dinner. Now it's your turn...how can you be creative at work too.

No comments: