Monday, February 20, 2006

Change This if you want to be more creative.

I've become a huge fan of the writing style and quirks of marketing expert Seth Godin because he forces me to examine my world from multiple angles. He has the ability to challenge current thoughts and suggest new perspectives. I've read all of his books. Now that is dedication. Plus I continue to follow some of the work he's involved in.

One of my favorites is the website
Change This. Godin helped start it and now it has a life of its own. I love the manifestos that are available at this site. The are written by very creative authors who know how to challenge assumptions, beliefs, and attitudes about life. These manifestos are just fun to read. For example, check out the "Escape Adulthood" manifesto. It is written by Jason Kotecki who says "Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them." I ran across his work, decided to download his manifesto and then went and looked at his website...there is something really "cool" about being a child in an adult body. Check out his work at kimandjason.com.

Michael Bauer

http://www.creativeleading.com

No comments: