Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Creating Innovation - Part 1

It's been a while since my last post...so I hope that you missed hearing from me. As I promised a few months ago...I would give a "shout-out" to the group at inbubblewrap every time I won a free book. Well...it's now the second time and the book I received is titled "Weird Ideas that Work" by Robert Sutton. I didn't know what to expect from the book, but now that I am 3/4 of the way through it I need time to reflect on the many ideas that it generated. One of Sutton's statements is that "Creative companies and teams are inefficient (and often annoying) places to work." His point seems to be that innovation grows in environments where there is freedom to try new things and be different. How is innovation embraced in your work environment? I would love to hear about your experiences.

No comments: